Music Theory for Beginners for Guitar...
If you just want to be able to knock of a few campfire songs and impress the Ladies on the front porch, you don't need these pages. Go learn a song.
However, if you want to be a "musician" and actually understand what you are doing AND you want to be able to create your own stuff, then you need to
understand Music Theory. These pages are going to touch on basics and concepts. Realize that Music Theory can take a whole lifetime of study, in depth.
However, we are bringing you the stuff that every guitar playing musician needs to know to be better at their Art and more skillful in their creative endeavours.
If you already know some music theory, you can pick and choose the pages you want to review. If you know nothing, start at Lesson One "The 12 Notes of the Musical Scale".
It would probably be a good idea if you have your Axe in hand to apply what you are reading/learning as you go along.
I will be adding more pages and some demo vids as time goes on. If you have any special requests, leave a note in the Forum for "perlmonger" or send me a Private Message.
Unitl then, as Desi Serna says, play till your fingers bleed!
- The 12 Notes of the Musical Scale
- Major & Minor Scale Construction
- Chords #1: Power Chords
- Circle of 5ths
- Circle of 4ths
- Fretboard #1: Fretboard Magic
- Scales #2: Degrees & Chord Progressions
- Fretboard #2: Major & Minor Scales On The Fretboard
- Chords #2: Fundamentals of Chord Construction
- chords #3: Chord Construction Patterns
- Scales #3: Major & Minor Pentatonic Scales