Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/33/d260722710/htdocs/wsb5088189102/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/33/d260722710/htdocs/wsb5088189102/forum/viewtopic.php on line 943
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
www.FreeAndEasyGuitar.com • View topic - NEW WEBSITE COMING- NEED YOUR INPUT

NEW WEBSITE COMING- NEED YOUR INPUT

Have a song you want to learn? Click here to learn how to submit a song request to Aaron.
Forum rules
Due to the extremely high volume of song requests each day, Free and Easy Guitar has now adopted an email system to accept song requests. Here is how it works.

Send an email to Aaron at request@freeandeasyguitar.com including the artist name and song title in the subject line of that email. For example if you wanted to learn how to play Affliction by the Chris Hendricks Band your email subject line would be Chris Hendricks Band- Affliction

These emails will be compiled into a database and totaled. Good luck and keep on rocking Free and Easy Guitar style!

Free and Easy Guitar Staff

NEW WEBSITE COMING- NEED YOUR INPUT

New postby Aaron-gally042 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Hello everyone,

It is your long lost instructor Aaron Gallagher. I am glad to see that you all are still learning the guitar. My lack of lessons in the past few months has been a direct result of trying to build an updated website. I am trying to make a more streamlined and easy to use site that will have lots of great tools for you. I am also working on opening a few new sites such as Free and Easy Drums,, Free and Easy Bass, Free and Easy Recording, Free and Easy Piano, Free and Easy Singing, and Free and Easy Songwriting. I hope you all will benefit from these sites just as you have from Free and Easy Guitar. If you all have any things that you would like to see on these sites or other sites, please post here and let me know. Also if you have any interest in things to be added to Free and Easy Guitar, post as well. This site has always been for you all and it will continue to be and to remain free.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Best regards,

Aaron
Aaron Gallagher
Free and Easy Guitar Founder
"Let Your Pick Do the Talking"
Aaron-gally042
Site Admin

Re: NEW WEBSITE COMING- NEED YOUR INPUT

New postby music-dreamz » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:58 pm

Hi Aaron,
My name is Tommy. I have went online specifically to learn more about music. I'm a songwriter who was musically inclined with keyboard and in all kinds of other ways but the guitar? lol That is a tremendous challenge! I just want to say thank you for you've helped me immensely! With all the tricks of the capo,. tuning down and so many others, it's not so bad! But thanks to you, it's a whole new game for me. I was wanted to play blurry and this oriental (I think) fellow
enlightened me to two things, one tuning down half step using the capo and the other is finding you! Truly you make free and easy guitar just that. I read people quite well and I see you're a decent patient person and I can appreciate that. I don't question your motives because I'd think you are sharing your gift for the sole purpose of expanding the blessing of music to your fellow human beings because it's one the most beautiful things in existence. One thing I do know, you have received nothing from me in the way of monetary reward but you do get my deepest respect and my heartfelt thanks. So my friend, keep up the great work and know your labor is not in vain. It is a real shame that the world has lost it's fire for the wonder and beauty that is in music. I'm hoping to be one of the few to
change that mentality for you see I get nothing monetarily speaking for my pursuit of sharing this blessing either but I do have a fair group who have faith in what I'm doing and thanks to you and other mentors I've found, it's just a matter of time. There is one thing about that capo tuning down. Is there a difference in going down half step and tuning down to 430? They don't seem to match by frequency according to my tuner which has always been right. Strange huh? Anyway, Aaron, you're doing a great job! I Just Had to say Thank You!
music-dreamz

New postby jai2rock » Mon May 02, 2011 5:11 am

hey buddy i have been following your videos n website since a month nw....
i bought a guitar after saving almost for a year...i cant afford to join any classes for learning...
its only becoz of u m learning so much....so well....n so properly..
m frm india..
u teach really well....m a beginer ...n i have learned a lot frm ur videos..pplz keep on posting videos ..
u r doing a really great work...
god bless u.. 8-)
jai2rock

New postby TjAlmendinger » Mon May 02, 2011 10:52 pm

I think thats an awesome idea. Youre a saint for what you do. thanks
TjAlmendinger

New postby fallinangle » Thu May 05, 2011 1:50 am

I like the song writing idea. It would definitely help me make some songs... I can usually make up some tunes. Just can never find words for them.
"Unnoticed"
fallinangle

New postby Dunn3390 » Thu May 12, 2011 5:09 pm

Love your site man. I've learned a lot just by your site alone. I would like if you could make more video's about songwriting and good chord progressions.
Dunn3390

New postby omega » Mon May 23, 2011 6:48 am

Instead of making several different sites, mightn't it be easier to just make one site (something like "free and easy music") with several different areas? It would save on hosting costs I'm sure, and then people who play multiple instruments wouldn't have to sign up for several different forums/sites.
omega
Major Site Contributor

New postby InkedPreacher » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:38 am

I believe I can be of help on the songwriting site. I have been writing for over 20 years. Just set up a team deal with a buddy of mine, he will compose the music (I can't) and I will write lyrics (he can't). A song that I wrote will likely be appearing on the next album Chris Davis releases. He's not a big name, and I won't see much, if any money ,but it's still way cool.
InkedPreacher

New postby Bryce » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:25 pm

Good Day, Aaron...

First of all, thank you for this site. I've only been picking for 5 years now (I began at the tender young age of 50ish) and have enjoyed the lessons I've watched. My requests would be:

- On the tableture page if you could include Chord positions such as C - x 32010 or Am -x02210 ... this would greatly aid in speeding up the learning process for many of us who strain our eyes and ears to try to figure out exactly what finger positions you are using. To those more experienced players who can easily pick these out it may
seem trivial, but the more enjoyable the learning process and thorough the lesson, the faster pace us "slow learners" will progress.

- Along the same vien, when describing the strings being plucked, a more standardized description such as strings 1 thru 6, OR low E, A, D, G, B or hi E.... but please not a combination of both!!!!.... again, the lessons are GREAT but the simpler the instruction and the more uniform that instruction is from lesson to lesson the faster
your students will progress.

- Now this would take some time, but I think we would all greatly benefit from a little more detailed tableture on the songs that are "picked" and not "strummed." to include something like:

-----------------0---------|-------------0
--------------1-----------|-------1---
--------------------2-----|------2
--------3-----------------|--0
--------------------------|
I wish this had come out better............sorry............but I think you get the point.
Something along those lines would GREATLY help in the learning process..... THANK YOU for all the hard work, and I wish you GREAT SUCCESS in your efforts!

Bryce
Bryce

New postby Seance » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:08 pm

If there was some way you could code a data base to store all the song request and show a percentage of say the top 5 songs requested on the website. That way people could vote accordingly with the popular songs currently winning to try and influence what song they want to hear instead of just blindly sending a request to the website with no clue on what song is in the running.

Nothing major just my .02. Thanks for all your hard work and giving up so much of your free time.
Seance

Next

Return to Request A Song